Buying & Selling Tips
Whether you are looking to buy your dream home, or sell your existing property, you need the knowledge and expertise of the country-living experts at La Paloma Real Estate! There are an awful lot of things to consider when buying or selling your home — these tips can help you get started.
- Getting pre-approved for a home loan can eliminate hassles and speed up closing on your new dream home.
- Make sure to get a property survey to avoid disputes with neighbors and to ensure that your property taxes are properly assessed. You don’t want to be paying more than your fair share!
- Water rights are a complicated but important issue in the desert southwest. Make sure that you will have the ability to water those apple trees you always wanted!
- With banks being stricter than ever about backing home loans, owner financing might be the path of least resistance to get you into your new property so you can start enjoying the country lifestyle!
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Questionable paint colors and ugly fixtures can be changed with relative ease and minimal expense.
- Take a quality video of your home and share pertinent details on upkeep so that prospective buyers can get the inside scoop.
- Compete on Condition. Buyers will often pick out the best maintained home and give it favorable status over similar homes in the same price range.
- Stage the exterior. The first thing a prospective buyer will see is going to be the outside of your home. Arrange some picturesque and cozy scenes so that the buyers can imagine themselves there.
- Grant extensive access to your home. It is never easy to allow strangers into your home, but the more access you give your realtor, the more often they can show it, and the more likely it will be that your home sells faster and for the price you desire!
- Make upgrades with high return on investment. We aren’t talking about expensive remodeling here, but some landscaping or updated fixtures go a long way toward making that sale.